Health and safety in our stores
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve been committed to providing a safe shopping experience for everyone, both online and in person. We are slowly reopening locations—with modified operations—where we can ensure the safety of our team, customers, and community. Find where we’ve opened our doors again on our Retail page—and below, learn about what we’re doing in stores for your and our team’s well-being.
What to know before your visit
- Please wear a face covering during your visit—our team will be wearing them too :-)
- Some locations are offering appointments—head here to find out about your store and how to book one. Due to limited store capacity, walk-ins may experience a wait.
- Coming in for an eye exam? The optometrist will give you a call the day before to better understand your eye health history and any concerns you may have.
What to do before your visit
- Browse frames on our site so we both know what you’re looking for. You can also use the Warby Parker app to add styles to your Favorites or to try them on virtually (with an iPhone X and all newer models).
- Check your prescription and the expiration date. Some of our locations offer exams if you need to renew it.
- Stay home if you feel sick, have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days, or have had contact with anyone infected. If you have an appointment, we can help you cancel or reschedule.
- Symptoms include fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
What we’re doing in stores
- One-on-one guided shopping
- Clear floor markers for coordinated customer flow
- Limited store capacity
Contactless shopping features
- Touch-free measurements and checkout
- Home deliveries in lieu of store pickups or returns
- Digital prescriptions
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for customers (our advisors will be frequently washing their hands)
- Thorough frame and surface cleanings between customers
- Face coverings are required for our team. Personal protective equipment is required for doctors.
Team and patient health screenings
- Team member daily health screenings and temperature checks
- Patient screenings before exams
We built this robust safety protocol using insights from our optical lab in Sloatsburg, New York—which has safely operated as an essential business throughout the pandemic—to enhance the procedures we put into place in the weeks before we closed our stores. As COVID-19 evolves, we continue to think about what the future of physical retail experiences looks like, and we remain committed to providing a safe (and enjoyable) shopping environment.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this extraordinary time. Please continue to follow federal, state, and local guidelines for remaining safe and healthy.
Updated: July 15, 2020