Keeping Your Information Safe

At Warby Parker, we take your security incredibly seriously and encourage you to do the same. Please see below for resources on how to keep your information secure.

Credit Reports and Identity Theft Resources

Order Your Free Credit Report. To obtain an annual free copy of your credit reports, visit, call toll-free at 1-877-322-8228, or contact the major credit reporting agencies. Their contact information is as follows:

P.O. Box 105788
Atlanta, GA 30348

P.O. Box 9554
Allen, TX 75013

P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016

  • You may place a fraud alert in your file by contacting one of the three nationwide credit reporting agencies listed above. A fraud alert tells creditors to follow certain procedures, including contacting you before they open any new accounts or change your existing accounts. For that reason, placing a fraud alert can protect you, but also may delay you when you seek to obtain credit.
  • You have the ability to place a security freeze on your credit report. A security freeze is designed to prevent credit, loans, and certain services from being approved in your name without your consent, but may delay your ability to obtain credit. To place a security freeze, you must contact each of the three credit bureaus listed above and may be required to provide your full name; SSN; date of birth; the addresses where you have lived over the past 5 years; proof of current address, such as a utility bill or telephone bill; a copy of a government-issued identification card; and, if you are the victim of identity theft, the police report, investigative report, or complaint to a law enforcement agency.
  • If you suspect incidents of identity theft, you should file a report to law enforcement, the FTC, or your state Attorney General.
  • For Colorado, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and Vermont residents: You may obtain one or more (depending on the state) additional copies of your credit report, free of charge. You must contact each of the credit bureaus directly to obtain such additional report(s).
  • For Massachusetts and Rhode Island residents: If you would like to do so, you have the right to obtain any police reports regarding any privacy incident in which you were involved. Victims of identity theft in these states also have the right to file a police report and obtain a copy of it.

Helpful Contacts

  • You can learn more about how to protect your credit by contacting the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or your state’s Attorney General to obtain information including about how to avoid identity theft, place a fraud alert, and place a security freeze on your credit report.

    • Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Response Center 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580, 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-5338),
  • Maryland, North Carolina and Rhode Island residents may also contact these agencies for information on preventing and avoiding identity theft.

    • For Maryland residents: You may contact the Office of the Maryland Attorney General, 200 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202,, 1-888-743-0023.
    • For North Carolina residents: You may contact the North Carolina Office of the Attorney General, Mail Service Center 9001, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001,, 1-877-566-7226.
    • For Rhode Island residents: You may contact the Rhode Island Office of the Attorney General, 150 South Main Street, Providence, RI 02903,, 401-274-4400.

Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act Rights

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) is federal legislation that regulates how consumer reporting agencies use your information. As a consumer, you have certain rights under the FCRA, which the FTC has summarized as follows: you must be told if information in your file has been used against you; you have the right to know what is in your file; you have the right to ask for a credit score; you have the right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information; consumer reporting agencies must correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete, or unverifiable information; consumer reporting agencies may not report outdated negative information; access to your file is limited; you must give your consent for reports to be provided to employers; you may limit β€œprescreened” offers of credit and insurance you receive based on information in your credit report; and you may seek damages from FCRA violators. Identity theft victims and active duty military personnel have additional rights. For more information about these rights, you may go to or write to: Consumer Response Center, Room 13-A, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580.

If you have any questions about the security of your Warby Parker account, please email us at [email protected].