Effective Date: July 20, 2021
For additional details about the personal information we collect and the rights afforded to California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please scroll to Section 7.
For additional details about the personal information We collect and the rights afforded to California residents, please see Your California Privacy Rights.
From time to time, We may clarify, revise, or update this Policy. This may include making changes to the way We collect, maintain, and store information. If We make any changes to this Policy, We will revise the date at the top of the Policy. Changes to this Policy will become effective once they are posted.
1. What Information Warby Parker Collects
We collect different types of information for Our business purposes from the following sources:
Information you provide us. We collect information that you provide to Us through the Services and other communications. We may also collect information from entities you have requested or authorized to provide information to Us in connection with Our Services. For example:
When you create an account with Us, you provide your first and last name, email address, and password.
You may provide Us with information when you use certain online features, such as Home Try-On or when you book an eye exam. This information may include (i) your first and last name; email address; phone number; home, physical, or shipping address; and date of birth; (ii) information about the products you try on and purchase; (iii) information about other people, such as when you direct Us to send a gift card; or (iv) any other identifiers that may permit the physical or online contacting of a specific person. To the extent the information you provide is related to your health care status, including the provision of or payment for health care services, such information will be considered Protected Health Information and covered by Our Notice of Privacy Practices.
When you make a purchase, We may request information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods you requested. We may ask you to provide payment information, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, and expiration date), vision insurance plan information, billing address, and shipping address. We do not store any payment card information.
We may collect certain information from you when you apply for a job through Our Jobs page.
For certain online, App, and in-store features, We may ask you to submit (or We may ask your permission to take) a photo, facial scan, or other image of you.
When you use Virtual Vision Test, you disclose certain information about yourself by (1) answering a series of questions to determine whether you are eligible to participate in Virtual Vision Test (the "Eligibility Questionnaire"), (2) performing a series of tasks to help licensed optometrists or ophthalmologists (each an "Eye Doctor") determine whether to issue you a renewed prescription (the "Vision Test"), (3) recording your audio responses to the Vision Test tasks, and (4) communicating with Warby Parker or our Eye Doctors in connection with your use of Virtual Vision Test. The In-Store Prescription Check Vision Test includes an acuity test and measurement of your refractive error using a handheld device, and the results of both will be provided to Us.
"Health Information" is information that relates to your past and present health or vision conditions (including medications, ailments, and prescriptions) that is derived from your use of Virtual Vision Test or MyVisionDirectory. Some Health Information may be subject to laws and regulations, including HIPAA. You represent that any Health Information that you disclose to us is your Health Information that you are authorized to disclose to us. "Personal Information" is information about you, including your first name, last name, and demographic information, derived from your use of Virtual Vision Test or MyVisionDirectory. Your Warby Parker account may contain Personal Information and Health Information, and we will access such information when you use Virtual Vision Test. Additionally, in order to facilitate your use of Virtual Vision Test and to help an Eye Doctor determine your need for an eyewear prescription, we may collect the following information when you use Virtual Vision Test:
- your name, age, email address, username, or other Personal Information or Health Information contained in your Warby Parker account
- answers and written information that you submit during the Eligibility Questionnaire
- your answers to, performance of, and actions taken during the Vision Test timestamps of all actions that you take within the Virtual Vision Test App
- Health Information prepared by an Eye Doctor who provides you Services, such as medical records, prescriptions, treatment decisions, medical advice, examination notes, and any other information prepared by an Eye Doctor about your health or vision
- billing information that you provide Us, such as credit card information
- any other information that you submit to Us in connection with your Eligibility Questionnaire, Vision Test, Virtual Vision Test, or the Services, including information exchanged in emails, texts, chats, or calls between you and Warby Parker.
- When you contact Us, We do everything possible to make sure you have an exceptional shopping experience. If you contact Us in person, by phone (calling or texting), email, instant message (including Facebook Messenger), live chat, through social media or Our App, or by some other means, We may keep a record of your contact information and the content of the communication for later reference. When We send you emails, We may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve Our Services. We receive responses to any survey that you choose to complete for Us.
Information We collect from third parties. Third parties, including your Eye Doctor, may share your information with Us in order for Us to provide Services or complete your purchase. For example:
Some parts of Our Services can be linked to other accounts you have with Third Party Services, such as your social media or Google account (“Third Party Accounts”), or you may be able to register for an account on Our Services with your Third Party Account. If you connect a Third Party Account to Our Services or interact with Us through a Third Party Account, We may receive information about you, including your Third Party Account profile information and your photo, and your use of the Third Party Account (for example, if you select a Warby Parker product to purchase through the account). If you mention Us through your Third Party Account, We may collect publicly available information and content related to your comment.
We may collect information about you from other third parties, including demographic information. We may combine information collected from other third parties with other information We collect about you.
Information We automatically collect. We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with Our Services. This information may include device information, browser history, internet protocol (IP) address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and search terms. For example:
- We may collect information from your mobile device(s).
- In-store Wi-Fi. When you connect to Our in-store Wi-Fi from your mobile device, We receive information about you and your device, including your device’s MAC address, IP address, received signal strength indicator (RSSI), and technical details about your device such as its operating system, device type (including make and model), and technical capabilities. We will also receive information about how you use Our Wi-Fi network while you are connected, including the store location, the areas of the store you visit, the names and/or Internet addresses of the websites you visit and the applications you use, and how long you interact with such sites or applications. If your mobile device is configured to search for available Wi-Fi networks, We may receive information about your device even if you choose not to connect to Our Wi-Fi services.
- Our Warby Parker App. When you download and use Our Warby Parker App, We receive information from your mobile device, such as IP address, device information, and unique device identifiers. We may also receive information about your precise location from your device, but only if you enable location tracking on your device.
- Virtual Vision Test App. When you use the Virtual Vision Test App, We may collect information about your mobile device, such as IP address, device information, and unique device identifiers, and We may derive your approximate location from your IP address. When you permit the Virtual Vision Test App to access your location through your mobile device settings, We may collect the precise location of your device when the Virtual Vision Test App is running in the foreground or background. Your location information is necessary to confirm your location while using the Virtual Vision Test App, so We can be sure that your results are reviewed by an Eye Doctor licensed in your state.
- Like most websites, Our Services may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow Us and Our service providers to collect information about your actions on Our Services. Our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services. Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary morsels) are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website.
- We may also collect information when you are visiting Our stores. Like most retailers, We have in-store video surveillance for security, fraud, and loss prevention purposes. In addition, We analyze videos to help Us understand customer behavior and retail traffic within Our physical spaces.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use information We collect to operate Our business, including:
- For Our everyday business purposes, such as providing Services and products, providing information you request and providing customer support
- To communicate with Affiliates
- To offer administrative, management, and other business services to Our commercial customers, such as Affiliates and some Independent Practices, including to confirm, reschedule, or provide other services related to your eye exam
- To provide, personalize, and improve Our products and Our Services
- To conduct internal research
- To facilitate the sale and delivery of your purchases and Home Try-On
- To communicate with you, including via telephone, text, chat, or email in order, for example, to respond to your comments or questions and to send you updates about your order
- To deliver content and marketing communications that We think may interest you, including ads or offers tailored to you based upon your browsing and usage history, both within these Services and on other websites and mobile applications
- To understand your use of Our Services to help Us improve the customer experience
- To provide you information, recommendations, and marketing materials about Our products and Services
- To measure your pupillary distance and segment height
- To map your facial features in order to provide products and recommendations
- To deliver gift cards in accordance with your instructions
- If you apply for a job, to determine your eligibility for a position with us
- To comply with the law, regulations, and other legal obligations
- To properly verify your identity, prevent fraud and enhance security
- To audit and provide reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions you may have with Us or others on Our behalf
- To allow you to utilize features and personalized content within Our Services when you grant Us access to information from your device, including location-based services
- For short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads
- To protect Our rights and the rights of others
- For other purposes, as permitted by law or to which you consent
3. How We Share Your Information
If We share your information, We do so to support Our business, including with:
Affiliates and Service Providers. We’ve figured out ways to do a lot of things on Our own, but We haven’t quite figured out how to do all of it. We may share information with Our corporate entities and affiliates, service providers, data processors, third party contractors, payment processors, others who perform services for Us, such as:
- order fulfillment
- delivery services
- payment processing
- vision insurance claim processing
- account registration
- website-related services, such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- marketing services
- data analytics
Other Entities. We may share information as part of a merger, acquisition, or other sale or transfer of all or part of Our assets or business or with other entities as you have authorized or requested.
With Your Eye Doctor and Dispensing Optician. We may share your information with your Eye Doctor so that they may provide you services, to confirm the prescription information you provide us, or if you’ve asked Us to obtain your prescription information from your Eye Doctor. At your request, We may also share your information with a dispensing optician.
With Your Vision Insurance Carrier. We may share your information with your vision insurance carrier so they can process your claim and so that We receive payment.
4. Your Choices
Through your account settings, you can access, view, edit, and delete any of the following personal information:
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
- phone number
The information you can view, edit, and delete may change as Our Services change.
If you decide you don’t want to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out of marketing emails in your account settings, click the “Unsubscribe” link in Our emails, or email Us at [email protected]. Opting out or unsubscribing will not prevent you from receiving emails about orders or other transactions you make through Our Services or emails in response to a specific request from you, such as password recovery. If you decide you don’t want to receive text messages from us, you can opt out in your account settings.
If you would like to opt out of the use of your mobile app activity for targeted advertising purposes, you may do so by visiting your device’s privacy settings (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices). If you wish not to share information with Us from your mobile device, such as geolocation and your unique device identifier, you may turn off location tracking at any time in your app settings or disable Bluetooth on your device. If you wish to stop receiving push notifications from Us on your mobile device, you can update your device settings.
If you wish to limit the information available to Us through your Third Party Accounts, such as Google or social media, you should visit the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts to learn about your options.
You can learn about how to opt out of receiving personalized website advertisements from Our advertising partners who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are below. Note that because your election to opt out is managed through cookies, if you delete these cookies or use a different browser, you will have to make the same selection again.
If you want Us not to collect cookies, you may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your web browser once you leave a website.
If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of Our Services, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser. You also may opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings located at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
If you do not want Adjust Technology to collect and use information about your use of Our Services, you can opt out at https://www.adjust.com/opt-out/. As of the effective date above, We do not respond to Do Not Track signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites.
If you choose to limit collection of your information in these ways, certain Service features may not function properly, or at all, and certain Services may not be available to you.
We take the protection of your information very seriously. We take many security measures (physical, electronic, and procedural) to help keep your information safe. Unfortunately, We cannot guarantee complete security of any information.
6. Children’s Information
We are especially sensitive about children’s information. We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor, you may use Our Services on behalf of such minor child. If you have questions concerning Our information practices with respect to children, or if you believe a child under the age of 18 has provided Us with personal information, please email Us at [email protected].
7. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please review these additional privacy disclosures, which provide a summary of how We collect, use, disclose, and sell personal information about you and explain your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Categories of Personal Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose for Business Purposes. We may collect the following categories of personal information, as described in greater detail in What Information Warby Parker Collects:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or IP address
- Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information
- Health information, such as prescriptions and eye exam notes
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data, and information about the devices and computers you use to access Our Services
- Geolocation data, such as GPS signals, device sensors, and Wi-Fi access points, where you have allowed access to that information
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as photos
- Professional or employment-related information, if you apply to work for us
- Education information, if you apply to work for us
- Other information you provide, such as demographic information, responses to surveys or messages to customer service
- Inferences drawn from any of the above, including about the content or ads that may be of interest to you
Categories of Sources Used to Collect Personal Information. As a result of your use of the Services, We collect this information from you (such as when you register for an account or purchase products), from third parties, or automatically (such as from your devices).
For more information, please see What Information Warby Parker Collects.
Your Rights. Under the CCPA, California residents have certain rights related to their personal information.
The Right to Know. You may request that We disclose to you the categories of personal information We have collected, used, disclosed, or “sold” within the meaning of the CCPA, including:
- Specific pieces of information that We have collected about you
- Categories of personal information We have collected about you
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- Categories of personal information about you that We have sold or disclosed for a business purpose
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information (collectively, the “Right to Know”)
The Right to Delete. You have the right to request that We delete personal information about you that We have collected from you (the “Right to Delete”).
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise your Right to Know or Right to Delete:
- Click here or
- Call 855.400.2932.
Right to Opt Out. You have the right to direct Us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “Right to Opt Out”). To exercise your right to opt out:
- Call: 855.400.2932
- Email: [email protected]
Verification. In order to exercise these rights, you will need to verify your identity to protect your security and personal information, which may include providing certain information. Note that even if We honor your request to delete your information, We may retain certain information as required or permitted by law.
Authorized Agent. You may elect to have an agent exercise your rights for you. Even if you choose to use an agent, We may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that the consumer gave the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request;
- The consumer to verify their identity directly with the business;
- The consumer to directly confirm with Us that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of your privacy rights, or any other rights under the CCPA, including by:
- Denying you goods or services
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to Warby Parker by your personal information.
Shine the Light. If you’re a resident of California, you can request a notice identifying the categories of personal information, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. Please submit a written request to [email protected].
8. Contact Us